Sorry, didn't want to steal Michael's line!
In fact you are right and it works in your situation.

What I meant is a totally different situation. Say you have a two syllables on the same note, then you'll need a non-breakable space between the two syllables (option-shift on macs). On Finmac 2006 and 2007, it displays properly on-screen, but the space disapears on the printout (or pdf).
Has someone else found a solution for this problem?