[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
In a message dated 30/11/2006 17:10:27 GMT Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

So, as I just asked Darcy privately, if I convert the WAV file to MP3, and upload that to my web page, will it play back with GPO quality

It should do, yes, within the limitations of the recipients sound system, after all, if I understand it correctly (and let's be honest, I usually don't!) then it's simply a recording of the sounds produced by GPO. Cheers, Lawrence
Yes, it is. In fact, when testing it out on a four-bar file in 2007 to make sure it hadn't changed before posting my previous reply, I neglected to click "stop" in the GPO record function before clicking play a second time. Sure, enough, the resulting wav file had the file starting a second time.

I always end up trimming off the extra start and end times produced in the GPO "Record" function in Audacity or ProTools, anyway. Sometimes I boost the levels, there, too.

RBH