At 08:13 PM 1/17/2007 -0800, Mariposa Symphony Orchestra wrote:
>Nice one, Dennis -- but really?   What's the story?
>If so, I hope the dam is 100 feet DOWNSTREAM from the house!
>And in the meanwhile, I'll try to refrain from whistling Coates'
>"Dambusters March".....

Please do. :)

Yes, our house is downstream and the dam is upstream, an inconvenient
situation. Pix on the bottom of this page taken from the edge of the house:
http://maltedmedia.com/people/bathory/waam-20060611.html

It gets some scary. Our dock was dislodged last year and swept a mile
downstream a few weeks ago. Next summer the dam is supposed to come down
after 80 years of doing nothing (it was built just before the legendary
flood of 1927, and never used) and the streambed restored to a less
threatening shape.

Somewhat OT: Finished the rush Finale job after considerable effort (a
score that had been converted from Finale ca. 1994), went to Chamber Music
America with little to show for it, and am now back home working on the
WAAM project.

Dennis

Please participate in my 2007 project:
http://maltedmedia.com/waam/