"Richard Yates" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Now that I can hear notes 'live' there is a significant
latency between keypress and sound. Do you know of
anything that can be done about that?

On my set-up (WinFin 2004) this gets progressively worse with each
hibernation and resumption of the computer.  I then close down Finale
and restart. It also delays the circumstance in which Finale goes into an
infinite loop during playback;* this is inconvenient, because this stupid
operating system allows user programs to take higher CPU priority than
the Windows Task Manager.  With the cursor moving intermittently
it is very difficult to close Finale down from this condition and Windows
reboot may be the only option.

* I'm getting better at saving the file before playback.

--
Ken Moore