On Feb 17, 2007, at 11:21 AM, John Howell wrote:

Just started watching the movie "Marie Antoinette." The illustration of wallpaper music constantly playing in the background is quite telling, but the rock parts of the score strike me as so totally anachronistic that they really turn me off.

That's how I feel about the movie version of "Grease".

My wife has been watching that movie since she was a kid, and she's never heard the stage show. To her it seems perfectly normal that the '50s story should suddenly break out in '70s music, but it drives me bonkers. (She knows this, of course, and sometimes will mischievously sing the '70s songs just to tweak me.)

mdl