John Howell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

So the complaint seems to be not that the songs are '70s songs, because they can't help being. It's that they supposedly don't SOUND like '50s songs, and there I'll certainly agree, although anybody who didn't live through the era has a very skewed idea of the importance of '50s rock 'n' roll and how abysmally far under the radar it was at the time.

I recall hearing Bill Haley and the Comets playing "Rock around the Clock" on
Radio Luxembourg Top Twenty in 1955 or '56, so it had made some impact in Europe.

--
Ken Moore