For all your comments and answers, I still don't find the solution to my problem.
        I said:
<<I have a score in MacFin2007c. I want to add a tuba part. I add the
part by double-clicking between the trombone section and the guitar.
I enter the music. I go to the linked part and it's a blank page, no
staves, no music. What did I do wrong and how do I remedy it? The
tuba part shows in the Manage Parts page.
        I can do a Special Part Extraction and get the part in a separate
file, but how do I access the tuba part in the same file as a linked
part?
All the best,
KIM R>>

I had already gone to Manage Parts and the Tuba part is in the list (on both sides). I shows up in a list of parts everywhere, and the music shows on the score, but when I go to the linked part, it is blank with no music staves.
        Solution? besides actually extracting the part?
All the best,
KIM R