Don't use anything earlier than the latest, greatest. Every version of Finale has had something, however small, that makes me more productive.

Have I been bitten by a bug in Finale? Not yet.......knock on wood.

keith helgesen wrote:
Someone said a contentious statement is required to spark discussion.

OK- here's a thought-
I am sure there are quite a few people like me out there in Finale-land
still happily using WinFin 2001 or earlier. I seem to recall someone asking
a question on Fin 97!

I had one person suggest I should not waste valuable list time by asking
questions about 'out-of-date' technology.

I also use 'Simple entry' almost exclusively.

My reason is the same reason I drive a 1976 Mazda Convertible! I know it
well, and it is more than adequate for my requirements!

Fin 2001 does everything I require, doesn't seem to have too many bugs -
those that are there I now know how to cludge!
It certainly doesn't have all the bells and whistles (and bugs!) of 2007
etc, but for my purpose it's more than enough.
I tried 2004- got all totally confused with the dangly bits hanging off my
cursor- and happily reverted to 2001 after a couple of weeks.

I can see the problem with lack of compatibility with users of later
versions, but I can live with that!

OK- I'm not as fast as most others- but what I do looks very slick, and is
very happily accepted by all users.
As I start my 70th year (today) I suspect I will never again be in a 'time
pressure to finish' situation- so I'll plod happily on.

There you go- I'll crawl back under my rock.

Be interested to hear what is the *earliest* version still in regular use!

Cheers K in Cold Capital of OZ

Keith Helgesen.
Ph: (02) 62910787. Mob 0417-042171


_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to