On Wed Jun 20 12:05:33 CDT 2007 John Howell wrote:
I'm wondering if I'm just ignorant of a few things. This is the
first time ever that I've seen the words "opening a case" in regard
to MakeMusic. And I've gotten the distinct impression that MakeMusic
does not operate on the basis of "vote-a-feature." Am I wrong?
Hi John--
Im new to all of this but according to MM this is how it works--a case
MUST be opened , and a feature requested.
I quote:
"If others would like to request this feature as well, they would need
to submit their own case for it to count. They do not need to go
through all of the troubleshooting that we did. All they need to do is
submit a case that says, "I would like to see the ability to transcribe
MIDI files that contain 3 or more independent voices per staff
supported in Finale".
Ryan W.
MakeMusic Customer Support"
And I might also observe that Finale is primarily a notation program,
while MIDI is a set of performance standards. Finale does not
pretend to be a full-featured sequencer, and MIDI was not designed to
produce notation. (Same is true of Sibelius, of course.) Yes, it
would be nice to have one program that satisfies every user's
possible wish list, but is it realistic to expect to find one at an
affordable price, and is it likely that Finale would be that one when
known bugs have gone unaddressed for years?
John
As far as known bugs going unaddressed for years, it really is a sad
state of affairs.
And no one is expecting it to perform as a full featured sequencer --
But expecting FInale to be able to import and notate a midi
file--WITHOUT generating extra notes/chords, in this case,-isn't an
awful lot to ask.
Especially when it IS one of the program's functions, and advertised
abilities.
Thanks for replying.
Bob Morabito.
--
John & Susie Howell
Virginia Tech Department of Music
Blacksburg, Virginia, U.S.A 24061-0240
Vox (540) 231-8411 Fax (540) 231-5034
(mailto:John.Howell at vt.edu)
http://www.music.vt.edu/faculty/howell/howell.html
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale