On Aug 25, 2007, at 2:14 PM, Andrew Stiller wrote:


There are also national variations, as I found to my surprise when presented with a piece scored for the standard Maltese band of today, which is so different from the American one that I felt compelled to add this note to the instrumentation page:

This piece is scored for a standard Maltese band. With the composer’s approval, additional parts for the full complement of an American concert band are included among the performance materials.

Conductors wishing to play this piece with the forces for which it was conceived should use approximately the following numbers of players: 1+1 flutes, 2 E≤ clarinets, 12+10 B≤ clarinets, 2 alto sax, 2 tenor sax, 6+5 trumpets, 1+1+1 horns, 1+1+1 trombones, 6 baritones, 6 euphoniums, 6 tubas, 1+1+1 percussion.

Whee! Six and five trumpets, 6 baritones, 6 euphs, 6 tubas, and only two flutes one on a part and three horns one on a part! You know, sometimes I say to myself, I sure would like to hear more bottom end, well I might just like it in Malta!

Christopher



_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to