On Aug 30, 2007, at 9:15 AM, Darcy James Argue wrote:
Right -- I mentioned this issue on the list a few days ago. I agree
that it's just incredibly bad behavior.
On the issue of blame -- no, Garritan is technically not to blame
for this situation, but it is still their product, and there needs
to be more of a "buck stops here" mentality. Native Instruments
have been responsible for _so_ many screwups and delays and
headaches that I really think it's time Garritan sever their
relationship with them.
I understand at one point they were pursuing their own in-house
player -- I don't know if this is still under development, but if
it is, I hope they make it a priority.
I have heard that from Gary a number of times, but I also see how
much pressure there is at Garritan (and MM) to leave "well enough"
alone, keep selling old things and make new things to sell. I expect
that this is what is happening here. As long as people keep buying
the product and suffering through the clumsy controls, there is more
incentive to go on to other profit making things than there is to
repair those things that will only help existing users and not
necessarily promote new sales. New instrument sets, new instruments
and key switches in existing sets - things like that. (I'm grateful
for the key switch woodwind doubles. I was too busy with other
things in my workflow to stop and change patches for this playback
effect. I just suffered with incorrect sounds. Now it's easy and
transparent, and I am happy for this improvement.)
I don't know what we can do about the situation of the remaining
interface opacity beyond letting these good people know how we feel.
Chuck
Chuck Israels
230 North Garden Terrace
Bellingham, WA 98225-5836
phone (360) 671-3402
fax (360) 676-6055
www.chuckisraels.com
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale