Do you have the soprano part transposed in Finale? Is that why there is a key sig?

There are a couple of ways to maybe do this. One would be, when you are done, go back and in Staff Attributes, and unclick transpose then highlight the whole staff and then transpose it up a major second.

The other way would be to go to Staff attributes, and then unclick the show key signature for the soprano, then use the accidental plugin to have it display the sharps and flats. This way, the playback will still work ok.

Chuck Israels wrote:
Modern music folks:

I remember discussions of problems writing in "no key" - none of which I followed carefully (my bad). Now I find myself writing a piece for Saxophone, Trombone and Piano, in which "no key" is the correct key, and it doesn't make sense for the Soprano Sax part to show up in D major. The non-transposing instruments are no problem, but I'm not sure about the best way of dealing with the saxophone part, and I am looking for suggestions.

TIA,

Chuck

_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to