Geez louweez...nothing was meant other than "this guy." I don't know him one way or the other. Apparently he or his work is known to some of you, but unless this is a forum closed to those who don't know him, I'd hope I can chime in, ignorant-sounding as my chimes may sometime seem.

As for the roll, since I don't play the type literature where this device is, as one put it, "ubiquitous," I'll silence my chimes, though remaining curious.

--Richard



On Sep 5, 2007, at 8:59 AM, Christopher Smith wrote:

On Sep 5, 2007, at 12:32 AM, Richard Huggins wrote:

 Even if this guy figures out

Hmm, I'm sure you didn't mean the level of disrespect implied by referring to a musician of Chuck's renown and ability as "this guy". It must have been that you lost the original attribution. If Leonard Bernstein had posted a question asking about notation of jazz rhythms (which we could have helped him with, saving a lot of rehearsal time for some of his works) I don't think anyone would have referred to him as "this guy."

_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to