Hi Hiro,

Of course, for me too. This is a situation where I will not be there to communicate in person, so I am making a little more investment in the notation. As I said, I have little reason to doubt that the player will understand the musical intention, if I notate it clearly.

Chuck


On Sep 5, 2007, at 7:42 AM, A-NO-NE Music wrote:

Chuck Israels / 2007/09/05 / 10:22 AM wrote:

Otherwise we are stuck with the inadequacies
of notation, none of which ever completely expresses what's in a
played (or spoken) language.

I believe this is a part of the game.  You leave margin of
interpretation for performer's creativity, or write in as much as
possible to minimize the margin.  I sometime rewrite sections after
rehearsal because the performer's interpretation was not synched with mine.

In the end, notation is only a tool of communication, and the margin of
the interpretation is a part of the creation process to me.

--

- Hiro

Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Boston, MA
<http://a-no-ne.com> <http://anonemusic.com>


_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Chuck Israels
230 North Garden Terrace
Bellingham, WA 98225-5836
phone (360) 671-3402
fax (360) 676-6055
www.chuckisraels.com

_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to