It is a bit confusing.
In this context "setting" could mean "Satz" as in "Notensatz."
but "setting" does indeed suggest arrangement.
A better term would be "music typesetting." That will keep the word "setting" but give 
the proper meaning. Will they accept "Music typesetting"?
Jim


From: Johannes Gebauer
Sent: Sun 09-Sep-07 18:25
To: Finale
Subject: [Finale] Help with English


To the wisdom of the list:

I am working for a publisher who wants to name me as an engraver. He insists that it should say, in English:

Music setting by Johannes Gebauer

To me this sounds as though I set, ie arranged the music. All I did was the engraving, I had no part in the arrangement.

Shouldn't it say "Music Engraving by Johannes Gebauer"?

Thanks for your insights.

Johannes
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com
http://www.camerata-berolinensis.de
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to