Yep, I wasn't completely clear. Right now, I am able to beam over rests, but the secondary beams are broken in the global setting, and the client wants them solidly across the rests in some instances, along with stub stems to more clearly indicate the rhythm. That's what I'm looking for specifically, and I'm trying to avoid a convoluted kludge via Shape Designer or similar. Sorry I was a bit vague.

J D  Thomas
ThomaStudios