John Howell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I saved the site below last time this question came up. Be aware that in the U.S. there are two > different sets of "weight" names. 28-lb Bond, according to this chart, equals 70-lb Offset.

> http://www.paper-paper.com/weight.html

Thanks for the URL.  It makes me realise how (relatively) simple life is in the
metric world, where if I am in any doubt as to whether I am using 80 gm or 100
gm paper I can just weigh one sheet of A4 and multiply by 16.

The paper-handling recommendations are a reminder of how much paper feed
mechanisms have improved during the last 20 years.  When did you last fan a
pile of paper on all four sides?

--

Ken Moore