dc wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] écrit:
> Simply put your Finale serial number on the registration form and mark it to
> my attention. There will be no problem with registration.

This is indeed an easy solution, but one wonders how they can check the validity of the serial number. I doubt that MM would help them out...

They own copies of Finale -- they probably just check to see if the serial numbers resemble the ones they have.

They're going to make their money off of people who buy the program this way (they hope) with future upgrades, so my guess is that the requirement is really just a formality so that people who really aren't eligible won't even try. Notice they don't mention this "send me your serial number and I'll see that you get registered" on the web-site. People who don't own Finale at all aren't very likely to think of asking what to do for non-printed-manual versions.

--
David H. Bailey