John Howell wrote:
At 10:20 AM -0700 10/14/07, Dean M. Estabrook wrote:
BTW, I have tried to join the Sibelius list, but so far something is hosed up, so I can't ask this question there ... yet. In finale, I use the Set Up Wizard a lot, and find it a very efficient way to set a score and assign instruments. When I get my sib 5, is there an equivalent tool for score set up there?

Yes. There are numerous templates available, and you can alter any of them. I don't always agree with their score page setups, especially for concert band, which I find awkward to the point of being unusable, so I'll probably end up making my own template for that, just as I did in Mosaic. This is in Sib 4; I don't yet know about Sib 5.

John

But in Sibelius' setup dialog, if the score order for any ensemble is not to your liking, it is very easy to select an instrument in the list and use the up/down buttons to rearrange them however you wish.

--
David H. Bailey