Heh, heh (I only giggle in commiseration, not AT you) I lost the better part of a day on this a few years ago, before I realised that I had to REMOVE optimisation before changing the group attributes. And with Linked Parts, things have changed again (as Kim R discovered in 2007).

And BTW, Darcy, unless this has changed recently, changing the group attributes to Allow Optimisation Normally doesn't even affect the system I am on. It blithely lets you go ahead changing the option to no effect (which should be greyed out, IMO, if it isn't going to do anything) until you are ready to scream.

Christopher


On 31-Oct-07, at 10:17 AM, Richard Huggins wrote:

Thanks to all for the helpful tips. The one below worked. Not seeing the results of optimization onscreen, I wouldn't have thought there was any sense in using Remove Optimization. I realize now that optimization can be in effect, just not be being allowed by an overiding attribute.

RH

On Oct 31, 2007, at 2:46 AM, Darcy James Argue wrote:

You need to remove optimization, *then* change the group attributes, *then* optimize. After optimization, any change to group attributes only affects a single system.
Another, perhaps easier solution -- use TGTools Staff List Manager.

- Darcy

_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to