Dennis Bathory-Kitsz wrote:
On Thu, November 1, 2007 6:16 pm, M LAWLOR wrote:
This is exactly what I did, but Finale gives me the message:
"Do not attempt to retrograde any measures that are sources of mirrors."
The measures I have attempted to retrograde or not sources of mirrors, as
far as I am aware; but since Finale thinks they are, I tried using
"Convert
Mirrors" to get rid of this, but still could not create a retrograde.
Am I missing something?

Welcome to the buggy retrograde plugin. Try this:
1. Delete all expressions, smart shapes, and articulations attached to
this section.
2. Change any tuplets temporarily to another non-tuplet rhythm.
3. Run Data Check -> Maintenance (all checked)
4. Save the document under a temporary working name.
5. Close all documents and close Finale.
6. Re-open Finale and the temporary and 'real' document.
7. Try the retrograde plugin again on the temporary document.
8. If it works, copy the retrograde section and paste it into your 'real'
document.

Dennis

You forgot step 9 -- drain the rest of the 5th of scotch and treat yourself to a dinner at a local (walking-distance) restaurant.

And don't ever try using that plug-in again! If MakeMusic really wanted those plug-ins to be used they would have made them Menu Items like they did with the Repeats plug-ins!


--
David H. Bailey
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to