On Dec 13, 2007, at 12:26 AM, Henry E. Howey wrote:

I cannot seem to find the setting, but WinFINALE 2008 (and 2008a) have
taken upon itself the respomsibility to remove all dotted rhythms and
replace them with their subordinate constituents. This occurs diring ALL
Insets and MANY Pastes.

I cannot see any rational reason for this as any kind of a default setting;-(

Along with the assumption that we all use full keyboards, I find this an
upsetting and annoying development.

Yeah, when Finale pastes partial measures, it rebeams to the meter. Now that the Selection Tool selects partial measures as part of its normal operation, that means that if you are ever copying partial measures then the target gets rebeamed. I have always hated this behaviour...

And I find the lack of a Clear key to be a major impediment in my Finale work on my laptop. Plus the Tie key in Speedy and the asterisk are too far away, but I've been able to work around everything else. I get the distinct impression that Simple was (newly) designed for laptop users, but I find it so hard to get my head around it after years of Speedy...

Christopher

(BTW, I have been finding enharmonics getting flipped without my permission once or twice in 2008a during Implode and Explode, where it isn't supposed to happen any more. If I find a reproducible procedure, I will send it in. This is in an old document; I wonder if that is an issue?)


_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to