On Dec 13, 2007, at 12:37 PM, David W. Fenton wrote:
On 13 Dec 2007 at 1:31, Christopher Smith wrote:
And I find the lack of a Clear key to be a major impediment in my
Finale work on my laptop.
Windows keyboards have never had a Clear key -- the Backspace key is
what replaces it. Is it possible that that's the case also on Mac
laptops?
(Just for those who don't know) the Clear key on Mac is just above
the 7 on the numeric keypad. Most of the numeric keypad functions are
duplicated elsewhere on the laptop keyboard, but not the Clear key,
as far as I can tell. Backspace on the Mac will delete an item in
Finale most of the time, whereas Clear will just clear manual
positioning. When measures are selected, Clear will empty them while
Backspace cuts them. What is the equivalent function in Windows?
Often one holds down the Fn (function) key to invoke an alternate key
function, and I have tried this with Fn-backspace, but no go.
Slightly TAN; I really dislike the new behaviour of the Clear key.
For Staff Styles, Clear would just delete the style, now it cuts the
measures. Right-click (or control-click on Mac) clears the ENTIRE
style, not just the selected passage, which is huge drag.
In the Selection Tool Clear clears EVERYTHING, whereas before it
would leave the Measure Expressions intact. The number of times I
need to clear the contents of measure except for the rehearsal
letters versus the number of times I need to clear everything is like
100 to 1. I have to go to the menu now, which slows me down, more so
on a laptop trackpad (which never even HAD the clear key.)
Christopher
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale