Matthew Hindson fastmail acct wrote:
[snip]> However I have wondered why there aren't more Indians teaching
themselves Finale and Sibelius and offering their services.

Because there's not much of a market for our services. Face it, people aren't beating down many of our doors, demanding our services. Most engraving is done for publishers and more and more people who do the arrangements and compositions which get published do their own engraving. The publishers have some engravers in-house who do the neatening up and bringing into alignment with house styles.

We are a tiny niche of a niche of a niche industry.

It's not like music engraving is a billion-dollar-a-year industry the way tech support is. :-)

--
David H. Bailey