On Jun 25, 2008, at 4:50 PM, Lora Crighton wrote:

Would we need to get anyone's
permission for this, and how would we go about it if
we do?

Here is a Canadian specific site:

http://www.united-church.ca/local/copyright

Years ago, my church here in the US researched ways to comply, but we didn't solve it. We found that the church focused services that granted use in celebrations, didn't include all of the music that we drew from and concluded that we'd have to pay several of them to cover 80 or 90 percent of what we wanted. It was more expensive that we could consider and we'd looked around a good bit so we just stopped looking for a solution. Let us know what your church decides to do. I'd be interested.