[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>"  "J''ouis avec un enivrement sans bornes que vous parlez allegrement la
> langue qui berca jusqu'hier un passé qui me parait indiciblement
lointain.....je
> repands sous vos pas mes hommages  emus....."

I get very strange results when I run that  through Babelfish. What does
it mean?"

I get very strange results when I run it through my ears!  I  haven't time to
translate it word for word at the moment  - I would need to  go to a
dictionary which is packed away. Basically, but put in very archaic  flowery
language,
 he's saying "I hear with an unbounded pleasure that  you speak the language
of my lost childhood..........." (or something like  that)

As I said, my friend had it as his answering machine message - it  guaranteed
that most people only phoned him once.

Cheers,

Lawrence

lawrenceyates.co.uk