On Jul 25, 2008, at 2:19 PM, dhbailey wrote:

John Blane wrote:
Actually you can hold down a metatool and drag-enclose a whole bunch of notes (horizontally and vertically) and apply them en masse. You do need to select (click) each note in Sibelius to apply multiple aritcs at once.

In Sibelius you click on the original note and then click on the last note you want and all the intervening notes on all the intervening staves are selected for mass assignment of a contiguous area.

You're right, I knew that, but I guess I was thinking more in terms on a non-contiguous situation.

And don't forget that you can hold down the delete key and drag- enclose a bunch of notes to remove them. As for changing your mind and wanting a different articulation, if you select the handle(s) of an articulation and tap twice on a different metatool the artic it will change to that one

That's something I wasn't aware of and am glad to know of it -- thanks for pointing it out. If you don't have a metatool assigned for the articulation you want it to change to, will it change via the articulation dialog?

No it won't - wish it did. I guess that is the moment you give the other artic a metatool.

John Blane
Blane Music Preparation
1649 Huntington Ln.
Highland Park, IL 60035