On 19 Aug 2008 at 17:21, Eric Dannewitz wrote:

> I have the experience.

It's too bad your posts to this list on this subject do not exhibit
any evidence of that experience.

> It is totally overkill setting up a huge relational thing

Nobody suggested a "huge relational thing" -- that's a straw man that
you've created in your own mind.

> like that for what
> the person wanted.

Johannes did not provide enough information for you to make a
judgment call on whether or not a relational database is the best for
his needs.

> They wanted simple.

And I've proposed simple, starting with a pre-designed library
template.

> You and a couple of others give out
> the most complex way of doing it.

It's not the most complex in the long run, though it takes more work
at the beginning.

< That way works great for huge amounts of
> data. It isn't really the best way in this case.

"Best" is going to be determined by Johannes, not by you.

You haven't made anything like a persuasive or coherent argument
against a properly designed database -- you simply insist over and
over again that the straw man "huge relational thing" is a bad idea.
That's intellectually dishonest on your part since nobody proposed
anything of the sort.