Christopher Smith wrote:
[snip]
(Man, linked parts would be AWESOME if you could assign different measure number attributes for parts and score, and different font sizes for expressions in the parts and score. Assigning one expression to show only in the score, then duplicating it, reducing the size and assigning it to show only in parts is a big time suck. All I want is the size to be right for both situations. Sometimes I can set a fixed size of 10 or so, but other times that is still too large for the score.

Wouldn't it be terrific if Finale2010 had only a couple of major features changed:
1) measure numbers in parts unlinked to the score
2) percussion maps made totally transparent and easy, using english terms and not requiring voodoo rituals and fervent prayer to work properly 3) the ability to use plug-ins on parts and not have their effects show up in the score

If they did that, I'd buy that upgrade in an instant. With the only major improvements(?) in 2009 being the new expressions and the new player for the GPO samples (which apparently allows use of other VST plugins), it's the first upgrade I'll skip since I first bought Finale way back at version 3.5.

--
David H. Bailey