For expressions, we now have:

- Score Lists (formerly staff lists) which are useful for situations where expressions are assigned differently in score and in parts (for example, tempo markings that will probably appear in the score only over the top staff and the 1. Violin staff, but will show in every part). Their number is limited to 8. - Expression Assignment Lists (new feature in 2009a), which are useful for putting in expressions in multiple staves at the same time, if you have a lot of situations where you need to add a dynamic or other expression to exactly the same set of staves. These are unlimited in number.

Staff Sets have not changed: they are used in Scroll View to view only certain staves, so that (for instance) you can concentrate on just the voice parts, or look at the woodwind and string parts only. They are (as before) limited to 8 in number.

Michael