> While I can't argue with you about the stackability issue,
> I've had just as many coil spiral bindings break on me over
> the years as I've had comb bindings break.  I bind many of
> the scores I print up for my own use in my community band
> director's job with comb bindings, and they have lasted just
> fine.
>
> And I've never had a problem with noisy page turns while
> using a score I've comb-bound myself.
>
> --
> David H. Bailey

Are you talking about plastic coils or metal coils?  I've been using plastic
coils for years and have a hard time even imagining one breaking, short of
using wire cutters on it.

Lee Actor
Composer-in-Residence and Assistant Conductor, Palo Alto Philharmonic
Assistant Conductor, Nova Vista Symphony
http://www.leeactor.com