I run OS10.3.9 on my Mac, with FinMac 2K7 as my latest version of Finale, and I keep a number of old versions back to 2K6. In my experience, 2.6 will run under OS 10, but when the file is opened, it can only print out, and any attempt to edit it will crash the program. The last Mac system under wh. 2.6 is fully functional is System 8. However, 2.6 files can be opened just fine in any version of Finale from 3.0 to 2002, and are fully editable under any of these. Before leaping the OSX hump, I recommend updating the 2.6 file first to 3.5, then to 2002. Clean the file up at this stage, then upgrade again directly to 2K7 or 2K8. To take it any further, no matter what any other correspondent has said, will require a complete reproofreading of the file, comparing the 2K9 printout against a printout of the last previous version. There will be numerous, hard to find position, spacing, and measure number issues under 2K9 that will require much more than a casual glance to identify, much less fix.

Andrew Stiller
Kallisti Music Press
http://www.kallistimusic.com/