Rental parts are nothing but a means to make life difficult for any
conductor who wishes to use them.

This is exactly why I don't publish my works; dealing with publishers and
editors and even rentals is something I do not want to be a part of...ever.
If people want to buy my works, they simply contact me and I have a set
made.  They are copyrighted and notarized, so those roads are covered.

You should contact Music Theatre International (MTI.com) (a musical rental
company) and find out what they charge for a school or professional company.
They have a by-month rate for any musical they rent out, which does not
include the rights.  It's like an insurance company (how many people in the
cast, how many seats in your theatre, how many shows are you doing)...and
then maybe you can formulate your answer from there.

Call them up and ask for their librarian or musicologist; the receptionist
people don't like long explanations; they WILL hang up on you (part of the
rude population of NYC).

Patrick J. M. Sheehan
Music Director, Instructor: Woodlawn Arts Academy
P. S. Music
Host: "The Saturday Night Blues" on 89.5 WNIJ-FM, 9pm - 12am (CST) &
WNIJ.org
1-815-973-2317 (m)
1-815-285-4401 (f)
patricksheehanmu...@gmail.com