Dan Tillberg wrote:
All,

I have been explicitely asked by my drummer to try to keep the drum part
down to two pages, which is understandable and should be possible for
parts where there might be long periods of slash notation without any cues
or other tempo/rhythm markings.

Hmmm...

I've been talking to the drummers I work with a lot in the past few months, as my personal library has grown quite a lot, and I've also taken over management of a local band, and some of the charts for that band are ... lousy. Handwritten charts, or photocopies of handwritten charts, or really old charts on cheap paper, that sort of thing.

And of the drummers I work with, none like the "play 8 bars" style of drum part. They all consider it a way for lazy copyists and arrangers to get the point across.

But they have no problem with my , for instance, putting 8 bars per system, or 12, or even 16, and numbering every 4th measure. It's amazing how much you can fit on a page this way. Using the "one bar repeat" style is also good, but it's somehow easier for them to see and feel the part that way than seeing blocks like you're describing.

It also gives them room to write in stuff that the arranger/copyist might not have considered.

cd
--
http://www.livejournal.com/users/dershem/#
http://members.cox.net/dershem