Dennis Bathory-Kitsz wrote:
Hi all,

A few years ago, I made a libretto font for myself from some 19th century
scores. It's not too bad, has a nice old roughness to it, and you can have it.
It's only TrueType, but do what you will with it.

I'll be updating it for the remaining characters in a few months, and cleaning
up a few I don't like, but the name and other characteristics will remain the
same so you can just drop in the new version.

All the alphabetic (including lowercase accented characters) and the numbers
are there, 147 characters in all. Here's an image:
 <http://maltedmedia.com/images/opera-font.jpg>

On my homepage, there's a link to download it:
 <http://maltedmedia.com/bathory/>

As I said, I'll be updating this from time to time.

Dennis,

Thank you very much for sharing that with us -- while it certainly won't be appropriate for all lyrics, it is a very nice touch to be able to better recreate the appearance of older scores if that's our aim.

A nice addition to the available fonts!

--
David H. Bailey
dhbai...@davidbaileymusicstudio.com