Whoah, that changes everything!

First of all, particularly in jazz with 7th chords and extended chords, we need the bass note to know what the function of the chord is. Without knowing the style of the excerpt you supplied, in a jazz or "Tin Pan Alley" context missing the bass notes, I would say that progression in the key of Eb was most likely

Cm7 F9 F7 (then probably going to either Fm7 or Bb7 after that) I would further surmise that the first chord is on a relatively accented part of the phrase, say beat 1 of a measure, while the other two chords come on beat 3 and 4, and so are functionally the same chord.

The bass note makes all the difference. I rather suspect that Bb is not the bass note of the first chord, nor A the bass note of the second chord. This is not the "C minor chord with the 6th in the bass" that Monk had mentioned.

Good thing Guy asked for a context!

Christopher