Rich Caldwell wrote:
To those with experience in setting hymns:

I'm setting a hymn with 6 verses. I'm not terribly familiar with the conventions —
what would be a good limit to the number of verses between the treble&  bass
clefs in a system? They want all the verses to be in the music, not separate as is
sometimes customary.

Personally I feel 6 is too much space between the staves, but if it's standard,
whoever is singing will be used to it. Or should one repeat the music and have
three verses each time?
I regularly set hymns, and I find that the only convention is that defined by the editors of any particular hymnal. There are several instances in the Episcopal Hymnal 1982, in which there are six stanzas interlined. If' they'll fit on the page, I say go ahead.

ns