From the Quick Help: Special tools, select the Broken Beam
Then click in the app. maes. the handle to change the broken beam direction (left or right).

Hans
====

Op 28-jan-10, om 14:42 heeft dc het volgende geschreven:

Here's my beaming problem. I have a piece in common time where some of the beats use the typical rhythm of a 12/8 time sig: dotted 8th + 16th + 8th in the value of a quarter note. So I define use a tuplet with "1 dotted quarter in the space of 1 quarter", and I get my three notes. But the beam for the 16th is on the wrong side, i.e. between notes 2 and 3 instead of notes 1 and 2. Rebeaming the music doesn't change this.

www.collins.lautre.net/files/beaming.jpg (what I want, and what I get)

What am I doing wrong, or how can I get around this?

Thanks,

Dennis