On 24 Mar 2010 at 16:16, Dennis Bathory-Kitsz wrote:

> On Wed, March 24, 2010 4:13 pm, David W. Fenton wrote:
> > In general, one follows blog content via a newsfeed
>
> I have a pile of newsfeeds, and I still don't go to them. Stuff *really* has
> to get my attention, and newsfeeds just putter on by...

In my opinion, that indicates you're subscribed to too many. I
periodically prune mine, and keep only the ones that I visit
regularly. If a blog starts to bore me, or feels like an obligation
to visit just because it showed up in the newsfeed with a new post,
then I stop tracking it.

Blogs I visit every day I keep in a FireFox bookmarks folder, and
open all the links in that folder at once when I'm ready to read
those blogs. If this mailing list were a blog instead, that's the way
I'd do it, as a bookmark that I'd open on a daily basis.

I'm not voting for it. I don't think it would be a very good way to
conduct discussions. But there are certain aspects of it that would
be very useful (like tagging).