You're right, same thing for having to create each time a new instrument, assigning it a sound and a different MIDI channel....

Haroldo Mauro Jr. ha scritto:
It is not he question that is stupid, but this user, who's an idiot. Of course. 
I've seen it happen before but didn't remember how I had it fixed. I had 
trumpet in the voice staff, channel 1. Flute and Clarinet were both on channel 
1 too. Thank you. Now, I wonder why the midi channel can't be dinamically 
linked to changes in instruments. At least there should be a warning message 
reminding you to change the midi channel or else... I mean, who would want a 
new instrument, a flute, for instance, sounding as trumpet? Maybe this is a 
stupid question.

Haroldo

At 9:14 +0200 03/05/10, Marcello Noia wrote:
First stupid question is: did you check that different MIDI channels are set 
for each instrument and for each layer?
Switching to default MIDI device (if you have one installed on your machine, of 
course) gets the same trouble?

Haroldo Mauro Jr. ha scritto:
In a score for flute, clarinet, guitar, piano and double bass, I set midi 
instrument  flute (GM 74) to play the flute staff and midi instrument clarinet 
(GM 72)to play the clarinet. However I hear only trumpets on both staffs. 
Guitar sounds right. It is ironic that playback is set to SmartMusic SoftSinth! 
 Any ideas why? This happens every once in a while, and sometimes it gets right 
sooner or later, but I have no idea of what is going on. Any help will be 
appreciated. Thank you.
Harold
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale


_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to