At 6:36 -0400 03/05/10, dhbailey wrote:
>Haroldo Mauro Jr. wrote:
>>In a score for flute, clarinet, guitar, piano and double bass, I set midi 
>>instrument  flute (GM 74) to play the flute staff and midi instrument 
>>clarinet (GM 72)to play the clarinet. However I hear only trumpets on both 
>>staffs. Guitar sounds right. It is ironic that playback is set to SmartMusic 
>>SoftSinth!  Any ideas why? This happens every once in a while, and sometimes 
>>it gets right sooner or later, but I have no idea of what is going on. Any 
>>help will be appreciated. Thank you.
>>Harold
>
>One thing which often causes unintended results such as this is if you have 
>used expressions which you "created" by duplicating existing ones and then 
>edited so they're different.  If the original expression which was duplicated 
>had been defined for playback and that playback definition was for a patch 
>change to trumpet, that might explain things.  Check any expressions you might 
>have placed at the start of only the two staves in question.
>

Thank you. That was not the case, but it is good to know. I'll keep that in 
mind.
Harold
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to