On Sat, May 8, 2010 6:19 am, Haroldo Mauro Jr. wrote:
> Yes, I just started doing incremental back-ups, but while I'm working on the
> score, and sometimes I spend hours without quitting Finale. That is not as
> good as your method, because if the file I'm working on gets corrupted but
> stays open, allowing me to edit it, all the saved copies from then on would be
> just as corrupted, even with their different names. What I'll do then is to
> quit Finale more often, every twenty minutes to half an hour, and do the
> incremental saving at the beginning of esch session, as you do.

I'm surprised that fatal Finale file corruption still happens. I'm a heavy
Finale user with complicated needs for contemporary scores, and don't recall
an unopenable/lost file in many years. (Some misbehavior in earlier files
could be fixed by saving/reloading the now-deprecated ETF-format files, but I
haven't needed that in years.)

The only odd (and non-fatal) behavior that I've seen is in PostScript
compilations where very occasionally some graphic character causes stems,
lines and curves to become dashed following it. Deleting the character and
replacing it or even making some minor position changes fixes that problem.

Dennis