From: dershem <ders...@cox.net>
To: finale list <finale@shsu.edu>
Sent: Tue, August 17, 2010 11:30:09 PM
Subject: [Finale] Non-linear melodies

I was recently given a copy of Willie Maiden's "Kaleidoscope".  It is ...
unique.

No one part has the melody line.  It's all just notes spread across the band in
varying rhythms, and you have to have the whole band playing in precise rhythm
to allow the audience to be able to hear the melody sneaking through.

Kenton recorded it.  Are any of you familiar with it?  Have any of you
experimented with the idea of "note 1 goes here, note 2 goes to a different
players, etc."?

cd
-- http://members.cox.net/dershem/index.html
http://dershem.livejournal.com/