From: Noel Stoutenburg <mjol...@ticnet.com>
To: finale@shsu.edu
Sent: Thu, August 26, 2010 2:16:04 PM
Subject: Re: [Finale] Repeats

GERALD BERG wrote:

> Big problem with the conventional repeat is that you can't create multiple
>staff
> lists for where it appears.

True, but here's a workaround I used when I was confronted with the situation
you describe:

1) create the score, with the repeat bars (using the repeat tool) on the bar
lines where I needed them;

2) in the "staff attributes" dialog for each staff containing offset repeats,
uncheck the "repeat bars" attribute;

3) place the repeats-as-shape-expressions in the staves where you want them
(note: if you've turned off repeat bars in staff attributes, you either have to
place repeats-as-shape-espressions in the places where the repeat would line up
with the repeat tool assigned elements, or you have to define a staff style
which could be applied to in a situation where you wanted the repeat bars
attribute turned off for only part of a staff.

You still have to create a separate playback score.

ns