is this it?

http://strohviolin.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=35

Bob Morabito
On Dec 11, 2010, at 2:19 PM, Blake Richardson wrote:

I've been watching the HBO show "Boardwalk Empire" lately, which is set in 1920s Prohibition-era Atlantic City, and they've had several scenes set in a dance hall with a band in a reverse orchestra pit (in a balcony up near the rafters as opposed to below the stage). One instrument they use is something I've never seen before and I was wondering if anyone knows what it is: it looks like and is played like a standard violin but there's a big trumpet-like brass bell attached to it that extends up over the neck of the instrument. Seems like some kind of string/brass hybrid thingy.

Anyone have a clue?