Darcy,

That's cool info about the Kronos instruments. I haven't been following them
in recent years, so I'd like to hear that one.

As for loud, yeah, this is the guy in Bruges, and he was loud:
 <http://maltedmedia.com/photos/stroh.jpg>

I build a cello with a resonator bowl rather than a horn; it is very quiet,
and perhaps that's what the Kronos instruments were like. It's about midway
down the page, the "Uncello":
 <http://maltedmedia.com/people/bathory/instruments.html>

Dennis