I just tried it, and it worked perfectly for me. In the score, I
control-clicked the page number and selected Hide. Then I did it again but with
the Command key pressed as well, and selected Show. Now it shows in the score,
hidden in the parts. Since the page number text block is the same for right and
left pages, I only have to do it once.

I've done this before when I wanted completely different page number attributes
between score and parts. I had one set show only in the parts, while the other
set only showed in the score.

Christopher