On 10 Jan 2011 at 13:10, delius...@aol.com wrote:

> So, my question is this: does anyone
> use the  Lite version of this program, how useful is it as is, and how
> powerful is the  full version?

I am a Luddite still using WinFin03, but I actually make use of the
built-in Smartscore Lite several times a year. However, I only use it
in these circumstances:

1. the source PDF is generated from a music notation program, not
scanned.

2. I need to create a score in order to create parts that are
different from what's available.

This means I don't really care that much about the score itself --
all I'm interested in is creating parts.

There are certain annoyances (like the creation of staves with
independent key signatures, which leads to the idiotic insertion of
key changes when all that is in the score is an accidental), but I
definitely feel it's better than retyping the whole thing. The most
recent such project is here:

http://tearesofthemuses.com/Editions/Scores/Altenburg-
InDichHabIchGehoffet/

It's based on a Werner Icking Archive original.

I wouldn't pay money to get better results, though. But my
requirements here are very limited and the scores quite simple (I'm
not bothered, for instance, with the fact that I have to type the
lyrics in myself).