Yeah, just what I was going to say ;)

Either Darcy types like the wind (I think he does) or he had this somewhere
ready to paste into the email.

THAT is a serious answer to a question.  It takes a while, but it shouldn't be
too hard for a musician who is familiar with functional harmony to learn the
names of jazz chords.  When I taught theory and harmony, I insisted that my
students learn both the Roman numeral names and the jazz names for everything
they encountered.  One is good for telling where you are in the key - how far
you are from a cadence, the other is quicker for getting the vertical note
grouping and neither will tell you much about the voicing.

Also, since this is a language - not a scientific experiment, there are
variables and ambiguities that are hard for a machine to analyze.  Christopher
indicated as much in his response.  Sometimes you have to look at surrounding
chords in order to tell what to call a particular chord, and even then, good
musicians may disagree.

Chuck

Chuck Israels
1310 NW Naito Parkway #807