Christopher, I almost wish the 70s weren't that long ago in some ways. Back
then I was a young man, with a resident gig in a club, usually a ten minute
drive from my apartment, just time enough to smoke a cigarette, before I parked
right outside the club. I didn't have a wife, a mortgage, or the need to have a
drink after every set.

I banked most of my wage, and chatted up the flower girls in the breaks. I
didn't know much about altered chords, but could play a smooth version of 'The
Godfather' and  a rollicking Johnny B. Goode.

How times change. Now it's all Finale and Logic,  and the occasional jazz gig,